Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

What can I do if I am being denied visitation?

What can I do if I am being denied visitation Lawyer, Houston, Texas

A non-custodial parent will usually have visitation rights to meet and see their child. This means that the custodial parent MUST allow the non-custodial parent access to the child per the terms of the divorce agreement or child visitation and possession order.

If a custodial parent denies access to the child, a court could fine the party that denied access, jail the party that denied access, or award custody to the child to the non-custodial parent.

If you are being denied access to your child, please consider taking the following steps:

  1. Appear in-person to the pick-up location listed on the divorce or child custody agreement.
  2. Bring another person that can act as a witness and testify on your behalf should the need arise. If you cannot call another person to act as a witness, consider calling your local police station and obtain a report of the incident.
  3. Create a log/journal with the dates and times you attempted to pick up the child and were denied access.

Even if the non-custodial parent is late on paying child support or has a new significant other, or there is a national emergency (i.e. COVID-19 pandemic), withholding access to a child is unwarranted.

For more information on What can I do if I am being denied visitation a free consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.


Call For A Free Consultation*
(281) 777-1236

Related Articles