David M. Nguyen, Esq.
Attorney David Nguyen’s experience as a second generation immigrant fostered his passion to assist immigrants, minorities, and the disadvantaged. With his practice, The Law Office of David M. Nguyen, PC, Attorney Nguyen provides support and guidance to immigrants through the United States immigration process and nationality laws.
Attorney Nguyen received his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Houston. He later completed his Juris Doctorate degree from Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Attorney Nguyen is licensed by The Supreme Court of Texas to practice in all Courts of the State of Texas.
Attorney Nguyen has practiced immigration law for years for private law firms, non-profit organizations, and multimillion dollar corporations. Recognizing that quality legal services were not readily available for minorities, everyday people, and small businesses, David opened his own law practice in 2008 to increase the access and representation for this population subset.
The Law Office of David M. Nguyen, PC is consistently ranked among the top ten Texas immigration law firms by the American Institute of Legal Counsel (AIOLC) and the Attorney and Practice Magazine. In addition, the practice is recognized by the State Bar of Texas, the AVVO, the Alignable, the Better Business Bureau, the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, TheCityOfHouston.com, Reform Austin News, VN Express News, and the Who’s Who Directory for Top Attorneys of North America.
Besides running a successful law firm, Attorney Nguyen believes in contributing to one’s community. He provides his legal services to the City of Dallas, the Federal Bar Association, the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program (HVLP) and the BPSOS, Inc., where he currently serves as a board member. Attorney Nguyen also advocates for immigrant children and their basic human rights at the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Detention Facility. He has guest lectured at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law, the Saint Matthew the Evangelist church, and the Pro Se Litigation National Forum.
We are able to provide assistance in all cases with staff members fluent in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese. In addition, every new client is provided a free ten-minute consultation. There is absolutely no risk to obtain the answers to your questions. Call us today at (281) 777-1236 or make your appointment online at www.calendly.com/winninglaw.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Over 14 Years
- Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- University of Houston
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- Hague Convention Attorney Network, Member
- State Bar of Texas, College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- BPSOS-Houston (Boat People SOS), Board Member
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Newsletter Awards Committee
- Attorney Nguyen is a business member of the Veteran’s Advocacy and Benefits Association (The VABA)
NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
- Reform Austin (RA) News article titled, “COVID-19 has Teachers, Others Contemplate Writing Wills”
- VN Express News article titled, “Trump ban gives Vietnamese immigration hopefuls the blues”
- VN Express News article titled, “Attorneys concerned because the U.S. may tighten immigration laws after fake Vietnamese marriage case”
- Top Attorneys of North America
- Greater Houston Review
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Event: Estate Planning Seminar at St. Matthews the Evangelist’s Women’s Club
Topic: Estate Planning: Wills & Living Wills
- Event: Guest Speaker at Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Topic: Being the Boss & Managing Employees
- Event: Eric Dick Radio Show on KPRC AM 950
Topic: Immigration Changes
- Event: Pro Se Litigation National Forum on Judicial Reform
Topic: Pro Se Litigation – Immigration
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Received the 2023 Elite Lawyer Award
- Recognized by Expertise.com’s for being one of the Best Immigration Lawyers serving Houston and placement on the site’s “Best of” lists.
- Recipient of the 2022 CityOf.com (Houston) Outstanding Local Business Award
- Recognized for Professional Involvement from Lawyer Legion
- Attorney Nguyen is a member of the Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America
- Only 1 of 5 featured immigration law firms on TheCityOfHouston.com
- Highly Recommended business by Alignable
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Member with A+ rating
- Recipient of Martindale-Hubbell’s Gold & Platinum Client Championship Awards
- Top 10 Immigration Attorneys by Attorney and Practice Magazine for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- AVVO Client Choice Award for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Recognized as a member of AVVO’s 3 digit club based on client reviews
- 1 of the “10 Best Immigration Attorneys” for Client Satisfaction in Texas by The American Institute of Legal Counsel (AIOLC) for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Guest speaker at the Pro Se Legal Studies Institute – Paralegal Program
- BPSOS-Houston (Boat People SOS), Volunteer Attorney
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association (HVLP), Volunteer Attorney
- City of Dallas, Volunteer Attorney
- St. Matthew the Evangelist, Former Finance Council Board Member
- Guest speaker at an Estate Planning Seminar at St. Matthew the Evangelist’s Women’s Club
- Guest speaker at Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Guest speaker on the Eric Dick Radio Show on KPRC AM 950
- Presenter at the Pro Se Litigation National Forum on Judicial Reform (Immigration)
“I used David for both the divorce and immigration services. David has been professional and responsive throughout the whole process. I would highly recommend.”
“I found David to be a kind and empathetic attorney who is quite knowledgeable in the law. I had specific questions that David helped me with. He’s definitely the type of attorney one would want to have as a personal attorney who’s accessible, knowledgeable and gets his clients well.”
A Satisfied Client
“I recently received my green card thanks to David. I filed a VAWA petition as I was going through a divorce with an abusive wife. His knowledge and insight were incredible. A VAWA is a difficult and detailed petition, one with a stigma. His responsiveness from day one until the day I got my green card felt like 24/7. Life changing when you find someone that delivers on being there for your goal and is understanding towards you. He was intelligent and thorough. Do not hesitate, I spoke to plenty of lawyers who charged more and none knew what he did. Thank you.”
“From beginning to end, we were very happy with David Nguyen and his team. They worked with us every step of the way, always on hand when we had a question or concern. On top of their availability, they were extremely knowledgeable and organized. The paperwork and jargon associated with this process could be daunting at times, but David and his team made the pages and pages of documents painless. When it was time for our appointment, the most nerve wracking part of the process, we were confident and prepared thanks to David’s expertise. Anyone who has been through this process will tell you to get a lawyer. What they should say is call David Nguyen.”
“David understands his profession and treats people with dignity and respect. Extremely professional. Great communication. David is a careful and well-informed attorney. I am pleased and extremely lucky to have decided to use his services. He did a very excellent job for me. Folks, if you are looking for an immigration attorney, look no further, You will never regret choosing David.”
“I got a chance to have a consultation with lawyer Nguyen and he provided us a very clear explanation and helped us solve our worries. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs help with immigration.”
“David is always willing to go above and beyond not only for his clients but also for his colleagues. I’ve known David for over 9 years now and have had the opportunity to observe and work with him both as a colleague and as a friend. I have witnessed his passion to help others and his dedication to finishing a job well. His attention to detail is remarkable. He’s a person that dots his I’s and crosses his t’s. He is constantly..."
Shelle-Ann Simon, Immigration Attorney
“It is with much pleasure that I endorse Attorney David Nguyen, whom I have known for several years. He is an affable and diligent attorney, who not only does top class representation for his clients, but is also at the ready to help out his peers in their analysis of the law to the issue at hand. Being a fellow Immigration & Naturalization attorney, I find myself approaching him with questions, which he answers with much enthusiasm.”
Afhan Aman, Co-worker