What is a will ceremony?
After a Will is drafted, it must be properly executed. A Will Ceremony is a procedure to ensure that a Will is properly executed. During a Will Ceremony, the following will occur:
- The parties will meet in a quiet and secure environment
- The attorney will meet with the client and review the Will draft
- The attorney will evaluate and make a determination that the testator is of sound mind and memory and is signing the document freely
- The attorney will ensure that the witnesses are qualified to serve
- The attorney will ensure that the testator/testatrix, witnesses, and public notary are present at the same time
- The attorney will introduce the parties and explain respective roles
- The attorney will ensure that all of the parties have signed the document properly
- The attorney will staple the Will in its entirety
- The attorney will provide a set of written instructions related to the care of the Will
For more information on What is a Will Ceremony, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today. We have two convenient locations in north and south Houston, Texas.
Call For A Free Consultation*