Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

What can I do as a victim of marriage fraud?

Unfortunately, marriage fraud exists and there are a small number of foreign nationals that marry U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents merely to obtain a Permanent Resident Card (“Green Card”). Fortunately, you are not alone and our office has experience helping victims of marriage fraud.

Marriage fraud is a serious federal crime and there are severe penalties for engaging in this type of activity. If you believe that you were a victim of marriage fraud, it is important to take actions to notify the government that you were not a willing participant.

Here are some questions that will help you decide whether you have been a victim of marriage fraud and whether you should hire an experienced immigration attorney to help you clear your name. This will help you to avoid spending up to FIVE (5) years in jail, paying up to $250,000 in fines, or being found ineligible to file future immigration petitions.

  1. Did my spouse change after the Adjustment of Status or Green Card interview?
  2. Did my spouse have romantic relationships with other women or men during our marriage?
  3. Are there rumors that my spouse was cheating on me during our marriage?
  4. Did my spouse move out of the residence/home after the interview?
  5. Is my spouse still regularly communicating with his/her prior spouse?

An experienced attorney can help you file for a divorce, notify the correct government authorities, etc. to clear your name. For more information on Marriage Fraud, a paid consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.