What are some reasons Americans marry foreigners?
There are times when clients come to our office looking to file immigration documents for their fiancé or spouse, but inform us that their family disapproves.
First, we remind them that they should empathize with their family. Some families may be worried that the immigration process is costly and expensive or that the foreign national is marrying you simply to obtain immigration benefits. Whatever the reason, their family cares about them and is simply showing their support by voicing concerns. For this reason, we encourage our clients to maintain an open dialogue with their family.
Second, we remind them that they are an adult and are able to make their own decisions. This means that they can marry exactly who they want. If they find themselves in a relationship with a foreigner, the decision on whether to take the relationship to the next level is in their hands.
Our office has helped countless U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR or “Green Card holders”) file immigration documents for their fiancés and/or spouses. We reached out to our prior clients and asked them why they chose to marry a foreigner. These are some of the reasons that our clients gave us.
- We met while I was traveling abroad and I fell in love.
- I find that foreign women have more traditional values.
- I dated an international student in college and we just clicked.
- I met my spouse while we were working together.
- I enjoy meeting people from all parts of the world and wanted a spouse with a diverse culture.
- I was trying to learn a new language online and fell in love with my instructor.
- I was studying abroad and fell in love with a classmate.
- My family introduced me to their friend’s daughter, who happened to be a foreigner.
- I just find foreigners more attractive.
- I didn’t want to limit myself to people who live in my city/town. I wanted to find my soulmate.
Whatever your reasons are for marrying a foreigner, you are not alone. There are thousands of individuals who marry a foreigner each year.
For more information on What are the benefits of marrying a foreigner, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today. We have two convenient locations in north and south Houston, Texas.
Call For A Free Consultation