Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

Should I Sue The Federal Government?

A judge strikes a wooden gavel on a desk in a courtroom. - Law Office of David Nguyen, PCThe U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) posts the average processing times for various cases here:

According to USCIS, 80% of cases are processed or completed within the average and posted processing times. This means that if you file a case and it is outside of the posted processing times, it is considered abnormal.

If it is outside of the average processing times, individuals can “Submit a Case Inquiry” with USCIS. However, many times USCIS will not take any action to process the case. If this happens, individuals are encouraged to sue the government pursuant to a Writ of Mandamus or a Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief Under the Administrative Procedure Act (APA).

When the federal government is sued, it will have up to SIXTY (60) days to respond. The process is straightforward and should not jeopardize the probability of success.

Not all immigration attorneys can file a lawsuit in federal court. Only immigration attorneys that are in good standing and are licensed to practice in federal court can do so.

For more information on Should I sue the federal government a consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.

Call For A Free Consultation*
(281) 777-1236