Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

What Is The New Process To Promote The Unity And Stability Of Families?

An infant girl dressed in white with blue floral accents - Law Office of David Nguyen, PCOn June 17, 2024, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced actions to promote family unity in the immigration process. However, at this time, the government has not released specific details, such as the required forms or the fee requirements.

Once they do, foreign nationals who entered the United States without inspection or without a visa, may qualify to file for their adjustment of status (Green Card) without leaving the U.S., as long as they meet various requirements. This will alleviate the need for some foreign nationals to apply for Advance Parole or an I-601A waiver – and having to leave the security of the U.S.

Foreign nationals must meet the following criteria to apply for this special parole.

  1. Be present in the United States without admission or parole (this means you came in without inspection or a visa);
  2. Have been continuously present in the United States for at least 10 years as of June 17, 2024;
  3. Have a legally valid marriage to a U.S. citizen as of June 17, 2024; and
  4. Have no disqualifying criminal history or otherwise constitute a threat to national security or public safety and should otherwise merit a favorable exercise of discretion.

* If the spouse of the U.S. citizen has children, the children may also be considered for parole under this process if they are physically present in the United States without admission or parole and have a qualifying stepchild relationship to a U.S. citizen as of June 17, 2024.

The fact sheet can be accessed here:

For more information on the New Process to Promote the Unity and Stability of Families a consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.

Call For A Free Consultation*
(281) 777-1236