Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

How do I apply for a passport after I naturalize?

How do I apply for a passport after I naturalize Lawyer, Houston, Texas

Congratulations on becoming a U.S. citizen! Now, you have the right to vote, run for public office, and apply for a passport. To obtain a passport, please follow these steps:

  1. Complete the passport application, Form DS-11, U.S. Passport Application. Currently, the form can be found here:
  • Tip: Use black ink
  1. Review your application. Mistakes can delay your application. We recommend that you review your application carefully to avoid unnecessary delays.
  2. Take your application to a passport acceptance facility. You can find the closest one near you by visiting (This website is known to be unavailable at times. If it does not work, simply open a web browser and enter the search terms “closest passport acceptance facility near me”.
  • Tip: You should expect to pay a fee for the passport application. Review the form instructions carefully, since it may require you to pay with a check (personal, certified, cashier’s, traveler’s) or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State”. Generally, credit and debit cards are not accepted. Some locations will not accept cash or personal checks.
  • Tip: You should expect to be asked to provide original documents (i.e. your naturalization certificate, etc.), which will be returned via post after your application is processed
  1. You should expect the passport application to take approximately 12 to 18 weeks to process. If you already have trip scheduled or require an emergency passport, you should reach out to the passport agency to inquire about special courier services available for individuals traveling within 2 weeks.

For more information on How do I apply for a passport after I naturalize a free consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.

Call For A Free Consultation*
(281) 777-1236