Call For a Free Consultation* (281) 777-1236

Law Office of David Nguyen, PC.
Law Office Of David Nguyen BBB Business Review
Only 1 of 5 recommended immigration law firms

Can I file my I-751 petition late?

Can I file my I-751 petition late Lawyer, Houston, Texas

Yes, Lawful Permanent Residents (“Green Card holders”) can file their I-751 after their conditional Green Card expires. However, the conditional Green Card holder must attach a written explanation to explain why the petition was not filed on time and ask the U.S. government to accept the late petition.

If the government determines that “good cause” exists, it will accept the late petition. We strongly recommend that conditional Green Card holders find an experienced immigration attorney to assist with filing late I-751 petitions. Experienced immigration attorneys can help explain the unique circumstances surrounding a particular case.

If a late I-751 petition is not accepted, the conditional Green Card holder may need to restart the immigration process. The conditional Green Card holder will need to have a family member re-file an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

For more information on Can I file my I-751 petition late a free consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (281) 777-1236 today.

Call For A Free Consultation*
(281) 777-1236